Friday, November 30, 2007

Chapter 6: A Favor from Jeremy: What makes a person educated?

1) Why do you think the author, Robert O'Brien, chose an owl to be wise?
*I think the author, Robert O'Brien, chose an owl to be wise because owls are old animals and looks wise. Many people think that old people had long life that they know a lot of things.*

2) In about 200 words, describe a person that you think is educated.
*I think the person who goes to school are educated. People don't have to go to school, but I think that going to school, we can learn more properly and thoroughly.
I think we can concentrate more in school. Also, in school, I think we can study by doing homework even though we don't want to study. By playing with friends and studying with friends, I think we can share ideas and it's better than studying alone.*

Does a person have to be wise? Intelligent? Or clever to be educated?
Does that person have to go to school? Does that person have to be old?
*The person don't have to be wise, intelligent, or clever to be educated because if you try your best and works hard to go for it, I think that person can be educated. That person don't have to go to school and can study alone, in their home. Studying in school is better, but if you work hard, I think you can achieve what you want. Also, that person don't need to be old. Some old people are not clever. Younger ones can be educated even they are not old.*
Choose a person that you know who you think is smart and describe that person.
*I think Warner is a smart boy. At first time, I thought that he's not smart, because he's grades were not good. Ms. Cheng had gave us the multiplication assignment and Warner and Guss didn't know how to write down. I wondered how gonna he'll finish this assignment. I heard the next day that he asked his mum and learned it. I think that he did the right thing. He didn't give up for the hard works, and I think he tries to achieve it, and he did actually. Also, I was surprised that he can do all the maths in his head! I was little jealous that he got more good marks in math tests.*

8 comments:

Terence said...

kind of good.=D

Cindy said...

I agree with that Hye Jin!

Veronica said...

I agree with that too!

Ye Ju said...

I agree with Warner story. I am little bit jealous about it, too!

Ji In said...

Yes.. i AGREE. We can get jealous .

kristie said...

yes!i agree!

Eva said...

I agree,I mean, do you really think warner is smart boy???

Michelle Cheng said...

Yes, I think an educated person is not afraid to say that they don't know or that they don't understand. An educated person will know when to ask for help when he/she thinks that he/she needs help.